Locate KIST’s Main campus on Google Maps
Directions to KIST’s North Gate Entrance
Address and Telephone Number
Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST)
Sensor System Research Center
5, Hwarang-ro 14-gil
Republic of Korea
Address in Korean: (우: 136-791) 서울특별시 성북구 화랑로 14길 5 한국과학기술연구원 센서시스템연구센터
Transportation to KIST from Incheon Internationial Airport (The Map of Airport Terminal)
NOTE: Please refer to the Incheon International Airport Website
(http://www.airport.kr/eng/)for more information and updates. All fares and timetables are subject to change.
By Airport Bus (Recommended)
Airport limousine buses leave regularly from the clearly marked stops outside the terminal building to designated stops in Seoul. There are two different routes to get to KIST. The bus fare can be paid either in cash or with a credit card at the bus ticket booths. You can also pay the fare in cash when you get on the bus.
Option 1) Airport Bus #6100 + Subway Line #6
- Platform : 3B
- Fare : 15,000 KRW (Bus)
- Operation Hours : 05:40 - 22:15
- Direction to KIST
① Take the airport limousine number 6100 to Taereung station and get off the bus here to transfer to subway. Enter Taereung underground subway station. This is Line 6 (Tan-color line)
Be careful not to confuse with Line 7 (Green-color line), which also cross at Taereung station.
② On Subway Line 6, take the subway going in the Bulgwang station direction.
③ Get off the subway at Sangwolgok station, and exit through number 4 exit.
Note: The order of subway stations, which you will pass arriving at Sangwolgok, your final destination. (Taereung – Seokgye – Dolgoji – Sangwolgok)
④ Walk straight about 100m then turn left. Once you turn left, you will see the KIST main gate about 20m.
Option 2) Bus Route: Cheongnyangni
- Platforms: 5B and 12A
- Fare: 9,000 KRW
- Bus stop: Get off at the "Cheongnyangni Station" bus stop.
- Directions to KIST: From the stop, it is recommended that you take a taxi.
The taxi fare will be around 3,000 to 4,000 KRW.
By Airport Railroad + Subway
Step 1: Airport Railroad (The AREX Line Map)
- · The Airport Railroad Express (AREX) is also convenient because it follows a timetable. It operates between Incheon International Airport and Seoul Station, for which travel time is 53 minutes by commuter train and 43 minutes by express train.
- · Fare: 3,700 KRW for commuter trains and 13,300 KRW for express trains
Step 2: Subway (The Subway Line Map)
From Seoul Station,
- Buy a ticket to Sangwolgok Station (Subway Line 6 (the Tan color line))
- Standard tickets can be purchased at the ticketing machines or at the ticket office.
- Board the train and get off at Dongmyo Station
- Transfer to Line 6 taking the Bonghwasan Station bound direction and get off at Sangwolgok (KIST) Station
- Exit the subway station through Exit 4
- Walk straight about 100 meters and turn left at the small street leading to KIST's north gate.
By Taxi (Easiest option but expensive)
Taxis are conveniently located just outside the terminal building.
The grey or white taxis are standard and somewhat cheaper than the black “deluxe” taxis.
The deluxe taxis are a little more comfortable and drivers sometimes speak English,
but the standard ones are perfectly adequate for most trips.
Both taxi services operate on a metered system, but the passenger will also be responsible for the cost of highway tolls.
The cost will vary depending on traffic conditions,
but generally runs about 70,000 KRW for standard taxis and 90,000 KRW for black taxis.
For the taxi driver:
(우: 136-791) 서울특별시 성북구 화랑로 14길 5
월곡역과 상월곡역 사이 하월곡삼거리 우회전 » KIST 북문에서 내려주세요
KIST Main Campus Interactive Map